today, we will implement a new release with more bugfixes. Here is a brief overview of what has changed.
The much-discussed, pre-selected tab on the My-Page will be replaced once more with the tab "friend posts", regardless of whether this list is empty or not. Contrary to speculation, which ranged from simple "making money" to "conspiracy", the reason for the change was just a simple script error, which has now been fixed.
2. Special characters and umlauts in Tweets
A recent Twitter update has enabled umlauts (ä,ö,ü etc.) and special characters to be carried over as UTF-8, so that they are now displayed correctly. Previously, the umlauts and special characters were coded as HTML entities.
3. Group membership
Previously, a bug in the system prevented it to invite users to a group if they had previously requested to join the same group. The same bug also caused problems for group owners who wanted to re-send an invitation to users who had already deleted their group invitation email. We have now set up a separation between invitations and requests to join groups, which will fix these issues.
4. Blog subscriptions
Until now, the same problem also applied to users who wanted to subscribe to a blog, but had deleted the original verification email, because neither subscriber nor owner of the blog had the option to create a second verification link. The recent update gives blog owners access to all subscriptions so that unverified subscriptions can be deleted, allowing users to re-send their subscription request.
5. Calendar Widget
A bug in the calendar widget has caused certian data to be highlighted in posts of friends to which users had no direct access. This bug has been fixed so that the widget will only highlight only those days on which a post was also written for the viewer.
6. Multiple links from tags
All pages that have displayed results for a search based on a combination of tags were completely removed from the system, because they created a high workload for our database. Since it seems that this option was only used by bots, we have decided to go ahead with this step and hope that it will help to speed up database processes in the future.
7. Media posts
The list of posts containing a picture or other media has been limited to ten. We have also applied some design changes.
8. Guest comments
We have increased the restictions for the e-mail address of guest comments